Forged Eye Bolt Dimensions Chart for selected forged threaded eye bolts
which are intended primarily for lifting
applications. All dimensions are according to ASME B18.15 standard.
Forged Eye Bolt Types:
- Type 1, Plain pattern (straight shank): Long length (Style A) and Short length (Style B)
- Type 2, Shoulder pattern: Long length (Style A) and Short length (Style B)
Some important notes from the ASME B18.15:
- Mechanical properties for carbon steel eye bolts are covered by ASTM A 489.
- Forged, quenched and tempered alloy steel threaded eyebolts with improved toughness and intended primarily for low temperature applications are covered by ASTM F 541.
- Eye bolt threads shall be unified coarse thread with tolerance class of 2A. Rolled threads are desirable for improved fatigue life. Eye bolts are used in tapped holes with Class 2B threads.